Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shhh! She'll never know. . .

Becca is sound asleep in the chair and I know she wanted to update the blog today. I thought I'd take a stab at it for once. I know that the best part of a blog is the pictures, but I might find a good story to talk about by the time I've posted everything. . .

We recently finished taking out our post and wall that separated a hallway and our family room. The county has a yearly clean-up project and sets out dumpsters in the neighborhood for us to throw out are garbage. That encouraged me to pull up the carpet and do my yearly tree trimming. The room still needed a lot of work as we reconstructed the ceiling to hide the channel that is reinforcing our support beam. We also needed to touch up the paint and mud the holes in the walls. We took out some great looking carpet (dark green and some nasty brown) that was hidden under the existing carpet. It was heavy and dirty work, but it all came together after Becca did most of the mudding and textured the ceiling. We refinished and carpeted the toy room as well.


The bottom of the wall is the chalkboard paint. Mitchell loves to draw on the wall and is starting to write notes with our help.


This is a picture to Caleb riding Nick with Korrine's help. My family came up and we had a birthday party for Mitchell at the first of the month.


This is a picture of Caleb and Hannah on the way up to Cecret lake. Mitchell ran up the whole way and then we had dinner. It was much easier than hiking up Timp.
I know that it won't compare to Becca's posts, but I hope she won't mind me posting it.

5 comments:

Paisley Circle Chronicles said...

I loved it! Thanks for the update.

Aubrey Doyle said...

I love the work in the basement! It all looks great! Good work!

Debbie said...

Nice job! I love the idea of chalkboard paint on the wall. I wish I had the kind of energy (and, well, some skill would help too) you guys have to take on these monstrous jobs. Way to go! And I love the picture of Becca sleeping. Good job, Clint!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Clint good blogging, you are an expert. I love your basement it looks great.

Katherine said...

The basement looks awesome!