Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is it Christmas time yet?

Mitchell woke up this morning, saw the snow outside and excitedly asked, "Is it Christmas time yet?" Clint tried to explain to him that we need to have Halloween and Thanksgiving first when Mitchell interrupted and told him that he already knew those things. But because there was snow outside it needed to be Christmas time. I hope that we have a white Christmas this year or we will have one 4 year old that won't believe us when we tell his it's Christmas morning.
After church the snow had melted much to Mitchell's dismay so he was very excited when it started snowing AGAIN during dinner. He didn't waste any time gearing up and heading outside. He absolutely loves the snow!This is Caleb with his little girlfriend, Hannah. They get so excited to play together. We know that Hannah wears the pants of the relationship. She likes to bully him around, but he takes it like a man. One afternoon we found them outside holding hands on their way inside. As soon as we got the camera out Caleb let go to pose. But they had no problem re-enacting their affection for the camera!

Seconds before this picture was taken Caleb reached up to the stove and burned his hand on a pot. Luckily he didn't touch the burner or the burn would have been much worse. To cool his hand down I let him hold his hand under the cold water. It wasn't long at all before he forgot about his hand! He loves to play in water!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I just read your whole blog. Very cute kids. My Will is about one month older than Mitchell, but Mitchell seems a lot older. I'll be checking up on you, Becca. I'm so glad you aren't lost anymore!

Aubrey Doyle said...

Your little boys are so cute! I love the picture of Caleb and Hannah holding hands! So cute! Glad your boys got to enjoy the snow! Mine did too!

Debbie said...

Ian touched a hot burner once when he was... something like 2 years old? I think he learned his lesson back then. Little boys...
I can't believe you've had snow already! Here it seems like it's never going to cool down. My kids would love to see some snow. Ian has been asking for weeks if we can make gingerbread man cookies.

Anonymous said...

I love your kids. They are so cute. I just wish that I was that excited to see snow. -Jeni