Monday, May 19, 2008

Kidathon

This past week I watched other people's children every day except for Wednesday (and Saturday). Monday was a whopper of a day with 7 kids including Mitchell and Caleb. The picture below shows a picture of them all at lunch time. I don't think that I have ever been so thankful for macaroni and cheese. Luckily all the kids got along really well. The only problem was that it was raining outside and so we were inside for most of the day. But the kids did great and I survived to tell about it. Mitchell and Caleb really enjoy having friends over so it's been nice for them to have kids to play with. They'll be sad when this week's over because I won't be watching as many kids anymore. I will only be watching 1 and she's a girl. At least I'll have fun; I get to do her hair once in awhile!

We bought a knight costume before we had kids for a murder mystery dinner. Mitchell found our costume box awhile ago and found the sword inside. Later he found the entire knight outfit and has been having a great time with it. Caleb, not wanting to be left out, puts this knight helmet on whenever he gets the chance. He can't resist cheesing for the camera so he wouldn't leave it on for the picture.
One of my really good friends that I grew up with just graduated with her teaching degree and is moving back to the area. We are way excited. Each time she comes Mitchell tells us afterwards that "only Jeni can tickle me....nobody else". He loves playing with her! Caleb also warmed up a bit and let us take a picture. Congrats, Jeni, on your new job! We're so excited to see you more often!
As always, we're enjoying the warmer weather. Last summer a friend from the ward gave us this mini roller coaster. It has been a big hit with the kids....even Caleb. Mitchell loves to help him ride it. I'm always afraid that he will fall but they have such a good time that I let them do it. (He's only fallen once so far!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I made it on to the coolest blog ever! -Jeni

Anonymous said...

By the way you're amazing for taking care of that many kids. You need a raise. -Jeni

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I am glad that you have survived your Kid-a-thon! You are great. Love Caleb's huge smile, you can't help but smile it is great.