Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hanging in the Backyard

Caleb has been a lot of fun to watch lately. He is mimicking our actions and is making new discoveries everyday. This may be a little inappropriate but kids are so innocent that I think it is so cute. This picture of Caleb is him discovering something about his body. He is very interested.For the past two weekends we have had some pretty nice weather and luckily we've been able to take advantage of it. As I wrote before, we finished our sprinkler system last weekend but our fence is still gone. It is our neighbors fence and they are still trying to decide what they want to do. They have talked to us about putting up a vinyl fence (which would be awesome) but we're guessing that they're waiting for us to offer to pay for some of it........not gonna happen. We would much rather just put up some new posts and put the old fence back up. We're cheap skates and not afraid to admit it. So until they decide, we're living with some pretty big holes on that side of the yard where Clint and our neighbor dug out the cement blocks that were holding the posts up (until the wind snapped the posts in pieces). Mitchell is making the most of the holes. He likes to climb inside and take his trucks and shovels in with him. Caleb wants to be where his brother is. The picture you see was taken a few minutes before Caleb followed Mitchell in and subsequently got stuck, feet up, inside the hole. He wasn't hurt so I can say that it looked pretty funny and I wished that I would have gotten a picture, but I pulled him out quickly instead of letting him suffer. Yesterday we spent most of the day outdoors again. For our date on Friday night, Clint and I spent over an hour at Lowe's browsing the garden section. We picked out a few plants and got some wood chips to put in our backyard by the sandbox. We also got vegetable and herb seeds. So Saturday we spent the day planting and fixing up the backyard a little bit. We also bought some cement so that Clint could cement the swingset into the ground. I have been watching kids from the ward this past week and I spent a lot of time holding the swingset down while they went as high as they could in the swings. It was fun to put our hand and the kids' footprints int he cement. Mitchell was a little wary but after watching Caleb go right for it he decided to have a turn. As a little girl my family had put our hand prints in some cement by our basketball standard. As I grew up I loved comparing how big my hands had gotten compared to the tiny ones that I had imprinted. I hope that the boys have the some enjoyment.
After we were done working we spent a little time "relaxing" in the sunshine. That is what Clint was attempting, anyway.

4 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

I'm glad you found me! I love reading everyone's blogs. Your boys are so cute. Deakon "discovers" new things all the time about himself.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Your yard is looking wonderful! I am so happy that "YOU" can now swing on your swing set. I love the picture of your boys catchin some rays! Really cute! Have a nice week!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to come see your yard soon. You guys have been busy. I'm sorry there wasn't a picture of Caleb feet up in the hole I imagine that was pretty funny after you found out he was okay. You're kids are so cute!!! Jay

Debbie said...

I love that little belly and I'm glad you pulled Caleb out of the hole instead of taking a picture :o)