Monday, April 28, 2008

Warm Wyoming Welcome

Clint's brother, Daniel, came home from his mission in Taiwan about 3 weeks ago. (I put something in a post beforehand.) But his homecoming wasn't until yesterday, April 27th. We drove up Saturday afternoon after naptime. I'm so glad that the kids do well driving in the car. Mitchell really looks forward to driving to Wyoming because he knows that we'll be driving over the mountains and that there are train tracks along the freeway. Caleb also does pretty well. I'm pretty sure that he was eating for most of the 2 hour drive. It was great.

Daniel did a great job with his talk. He spoke about the spiritual experiences that he had while on his mission. It sounds like he really witnessed a lot of great testimony-building experiences. He also paid tribute to each one of his family members and how they've touched his life. It was really nice. He shared his gratitude that Clint has been a good example of honoring his priesthood. I'm not sure that there could have been a more touching thing to hear.

It was fun talking to Clint's family and Daniel's friends afterwards. There were a lot of people there and I wanted to make sure and get some pictures. As soon as I pulled the camera out Clint and Daniel started doing some questionable poses......I didn't include those pictures. This was definitely one of the cleaner ones.

Mitchell also had a great time. One of Clint's cousins had a baby just a week before Mitchell was born so it's been fun watching them grow up. His 2nd cousin's name is Ellis and he lives in Wyoming so they don't see a lot of each other, but when they do they get along really well. They spent most of the afternoon playing together. The baby picture is of them just 2 weeks after they were born. The orange one on the left is Mitchell and Ellis is on the right. As Ellis was leaving yesterday they gave each other a great big hug. I got a picture but it wasn't a very good one so I included a side-by-side one instead. (A before and after if you will.)



This is how Caleb spent most of the afternoon.

He must be a lot like his Aunt Korrine because this is how she spent most of the afternoon.

This last picture was taken last night after we came home. When we come home from out of town we always dump everything by the front door then systematically start putting things away. Caleb took advantage of my purse being on the floor and had a great time with the wipes. I thought it was too cute to pass up taking a picture.

5 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

Your kids are so cute!

Debbie said...

I love the side-by-side comparison!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hey thanks for dinner last night! It was very yummy, and I love, love Mario Kart! It was so fun! You, Clint, Mitchell and Caleb are the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't even realize Mitchell was orange until he grew out of if. But your kids are so stinkin' cute. My family loves looking at your blog. -Jeni

Anonymous said...

I love Mitchell's facination with trains. I don't see a Thomas the train without thinking of him. -Jay