Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cousins

We have had the fun opportunity to see my sister, Katherine, who is in town from Boston. She will be here for the weekend and it has been great to be able to spend time with her and her youngest son, Timothy. Timothy is only 1 month younger than Caleb but, unfortunately, was born with some brain abnormalities and so is cognitively and physically delayed. He is a very sweet little guy and it is wonderful to feel his sweet spirit when he is around. Caleb spent part of the evening carrying Tim's picture around and showing it everyone who would look. He also tried to play with Tim by shaking his toys that were dangling by his head. Tim very sweetly rolled over and put his thumb in his mouth so he wouldn't have to watch the toys crazily flying around the space above him.
We spent this evening at Grandma and Grandpa's house eating pie and ice cream. Upon arriving Mitchell and Caleb were shy of their Aunt Katherine but soon warmed up. Mitchell was giving her multiple running and jumping hugs before we left that evening. Caleb took longer to warm up but after he eyed Timothy's strawberry-milk bottle Katherine gave him his own and they were much better friends.



Mitchell and Caleb also really enjoy the company of their cousins who live here in Herriman. Mitchell and Zach love to box and wrestle together. They are seen here eating, and wearing, ice cream cones together.

This past week we also had the very fun opportunity to have Clint's brother, Daniel, come stay a night with us before he leaves for Boise for his new job in a week or so. I feel bad because I didn't take any pictures so I don't have any to post...but we had a great time. Mitchell and Caleb both adore Daniel. Mitchell was so excited that he got to take his Uncle Daniel everywhere that he went for a day.


5 comments:

Debbie said...

We really miss getting together with family! I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Thanks for keeping in touch, Becca!

Katherine said...

What a handsome little nephew you have there. Actually, all the kids are really cute!

Angi Gerrie said...

I saw your blog on Dyana's blog and I was very happy. Your blog is so cute!

Debbie said...

Becca, I did remember your Birthday on Tuesday, but the last two days were so crazy for me... hope you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I love your family! They are so cute. I hope that when I see you guys next I get a lot of jumping hugs too! -Jay