Saturday, January 19, 2008

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!


Clint took his scouts on a winter campout last night. He has been talking about this for awhile and his scouts have been really excited about it. Before he left he told me how worried he was that the boys wouldn't be adequately prepared for the cold temperatures. Luckily he only had to bring one boy home, but what's funny is that he made a pit-stop here to gather some stuff that he, himself, had forgotten!

When he came home he showed me his pants that he had been wearing while they built snow caves. They were frozen solid. I reminded him that we have some warm, waterproof, snow pants and he immediately put those on.

They had a lot of fun. They built 5 snowcaves total and only 1 collapsed. It collapsed because Clint was over confident about how high he could dig it out. It didn't fall in until everyone was out, though. My biggest fear was that a cave would collapse on the boys so I'm glad that everyone got out safely.

The coldest it got was 17 degrees below 0. I'm sure glad that I slept in a warm bed last night!

4 comments:

Groshon said...

Becca, so good to hear from you! Glad you got my late card :) I look forward to checking back on your blog to see what you guys are up to on Poppy Lane!
Your boys are so cute!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Ya Clint is nuts! That must have been so so cold, BRRRRR is right! Danny, Mindi's husband, ended up sleeping in the car. Clint is so awesome with the boys. Thanks for your help last night, you really are the neatest person and so kind. I am so honored to be working with you! See ya Wednesday!

Clint said...

For the record, I didn't forget anything. I changed into the warmer pants, picked up a few Cokes, and grabed some extra socks just incase the other boys needed more. I had already given out all of my other extra socks to the boys.

You just can't beat a good night sleep in a snow drift.

Jen said...

Hey Becca! Jeni tipped me off to your blog. Your boys are adorable!