Sunday, June 29, 2008

T-Days

I'm realizing that with almost every weekly post I am adding quite a few pictures. Blogging is the only form of scrapbooking that I would ever try to attempt so I add all of my favorite pictures every week.



Sadly, Clint is away from us this weekend. He is in New Mexico doing some work. It's harder for me to be alone with the kids on the weekends than during the week because Clint is usually
home all day and so I feel especially lonely. Thus, when our friends, Keven and Cary, invited me to attend Taylorsville Days with them this weekend I was excited to accept their offer. They were very gracious and offered to help me with my kids since they only have 1 between them. I say only 1 but their 1 was more rambunxious than my 2 put together. This is a big thing for me! I went for a long time knowing that Mitchell was the most busy and wild child in any group that we were in. I wondered, at times, if I would ever be able to sit down again while my children were awake. I think that may be how Keven and Cary were feeling yesterday. But my prayers were answered yesterday. Mitchell and Caleb were very calm and easy to watch during our very eventful day!

The morning started early with a trip to Harmons for some breakfast and then to the parade. Mitchell and Caleb were both fans. Especially when the candy started raining down. I included a picture of our favorite float that I think was a very clever idea.

After the parade we went home for naps and then went straight back for some swimming. Taylorsville has a great pool for little kids. The shallow end is really big and Caleb and Mitchell had a great time running through the water. Mitchell would really love to be able to go down the slides that are at a few of the pools that we've been too, but he just isn't quite big enough yet. He has about 2 inches (and some swimming knowledge) to go. He will start swimming lessons in a week or so and I'm really excited to see how he'll do.

After swimming we had some dinner and then went to save some spots for the fireworks. They had a bunch of little kid rides and Mitchell ventured on a few of them. He went on one that was similar to the "Big Shot" in Las Vegas that takes you up and then drops you down quickly. Mitchell was so excited to go on and did really well. He looked a little scared at first but then quickly decided that he was having a great time.

On the way back to our fireworks spot we grabbed a "Snowie" to share. It was an obvious hit and brought us closer together.

While waiting for fireworks they had a Niel Diamond impersonator doing a concert. He did a really great job. If you weren't thinking about it too much you would never know the difference. Here is a (about 1 1/2 minute) video of Mitchell and Caleb enjoying the music. Both of their grandma's will be proud! (The quality of the video isn't great because it was getting dark outside and it was taking too long to load with high quality.)


My parents nicknamed Caleb "Houdini" while he was staying at there house because of his ability to independently manuever himself wherever he desires to go.


Mitchell had a great time hanging out with his friends. I love this picture of him with Keven and Cary's niece, Madison, on the blanket.


The fireworks show was great! The kids and I really loved it and it was worth the day we had today. By the time nap time came all I could think of was "Lions, and Tigers, and Bears. OH MY!!"


We're excited to have some cousins spending the night with us tonight. They are really cute girls and having committed to helping me do some chores around the house tomorrow. They are great with Mitchell and Caleb and so it should be a fun day.

4 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Cute pictures!

Aubrey Doyle said...

Wow! What a day! Sounds like you guys had a great time! Love all the pics!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up they are. But they are so cute! -Jenilee

Katherine said...

Love the video.....get DOWN!