Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mr. Safety


I'd like to introduce you to our household Danger Prevention Officer, Mr. Safety. Rest assured that any time he rides in your car, seat belts WILL be buckled. There have been a few instances where I have forgotten to buckle him up before rolling out of our driveway. Before we hit the curb I'm certain to hear, "MOM!! I'm not buckled! I'm not safe!".
With the coming of the warmer weather Mr. Safety has been excited to ride his bike. He has taken trips around the backyard cement and has also ventured out on the streets with his family. For instance, last week he was able to ride his bike alongside his father on a trip to the local dollar store. Though the ride was slow, he enjoyed every second. Currently on training wheels and riding right next to his parents we haven't been too motivated to purchase him a bike helmet....but apparently there isn't a need. A few days ago Mitchell (independent from his parents) scavanged in the crawl space and found a bike helmet that was given to us as a wedding gift. He put it on, went outside and proceeded to ride his bike. I'm hoping that Mr. Safety stays with us for awhile. We will enjoy every moment of his presence until Mr. Invicible invades.

2 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Kids are so great! What a great safety man! I was inspired by my "Gap" sweatshirt that is why I chose yellow and blue for my "Spring" post and font color! Such bright and fun colors! Can't wait to see Mitchell riding around the neighborhood (with his helmet of course!)

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love it when my kids keep me on track. Your little guy is right on! Have a fabulous weekend.
-Debie Spurgeon