Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Announcing.....Jenna!!

Early Sunday morning (the 20th) we received an early and very unexpected Christmas gift. Little Jenna was born.....3 weeks early. This is the first time we've had a baby before the scheduled induction date so this was very new for us and I felt like a first time mom when I went to the hospital. I was sure they would laugh at me and send me home but, thankfully, they didn't. Jenna was born at 4:11 am and was 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She has dark hair and blue eyes. Her fingers are very long which is different than both of her brothers shorter, thicker hands. Mitchell is very excited about his new little sister. In response to a question about his parents wherabouts he answered, "They are at the hospital with my baby, Jenna". He is also proud to know that his sister looks very similar to him. Caleb isn't fully convinced that Jenna isn't our good friend's baby, Spencer, even though Spencer is 6 months old and a good 10-15 lbs heavier than Jenna and a boy. But he is excited to help out when asked.

Our Christmas Gift

One of the first time opening her eyes.

Getting dressed to come home.


Ready for home. Her aunt Katherine bought her this outfit that will match her cousin's outfit when he is born. His due date was the day before Jenna's! The yellow blanket is the one I came home in when I was a baby.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! I didn't realize you were due so soon. Both of my boys came 3 weeks early too. Isn't that a pleasant surprise? I'm sure that I haven't told you yet, but we are also expecting a little girl, but not until Spring. I hope you and Jenna are doing great!

Angi Gerrie said...

Congrats! That is exciting!!!

Forsythe said...

Congratulations on the new little gal. She is precious and now her first Christmas will be this year instead of next. So happy for you!

Becka said...

Yay, yay, yay for three weeks early! (As long as they're healthy, of course.) Hope you're doing well with recovery. I've found that being a mom of three is actually harder NOW then when Mariah was first born. So...enjoy these moments!

Katherine said...

Congratulations again!! What a cute little girl. I'm so glad Jenna is doing well. What a cute outfit. She has a nice aunt, doesn't she? Well, I guess I'll battle my sciatic nerve pain and waddle back to the couch to play with Timothy while Jenna's cousin (due BEFORE her) beats my insides some more. No hard feelings though...really. What's a couple more weeks, a few more pounds, a few more stretch marks, a couple more varicosities......:)

I love you Becca!!!!!!!!

Paisley Circle Chronicles said...

What a little sweetheart!!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Welcome Jenna! You are one lucky girl:) You have an awesome family. Plus you are so stinking cute. Can't wait to meet you!

Groshon said...

Congrats she is such a cutie! She has 2 awesome big brothers that will love to look after her!

p.s. we made our blog private and I think I sent an invite to an old email address... send me a message to trista . groshon @ gmail . com

Debbie said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

Aubrey Doyle said...

How exciting! What a surprise to come so early! Glad that she is healthy and so so beautiful! Hope you had a great Christmas with such a special little present!