Sunday, November 22, 2009

All I want for Christmas. . .

Dear Santa,

Mitchell, Caleb and I went to the stores to get some ideas for Christmas. We thought it would be a good idea if we took some pictures so Santa would know what to find. I thought it would be fun to post some of the (poor quality because of cell phone) pictures.

Mitchell is writing the following list:

1. AT-ST



2. Flashlight (really he wants one that goes on your head)


3. Millennium Falcon Lego Set



There were a lot more things on his list, like transformers, X-wing, construx, books, lego indiana jones for wii, and so on, but I didn't take the time to take pictures of everything. He was writing his list and while I was demonstrating how to write a list, he started copying what I had written. I guess it's easier to spell when you can copy than having to think about it. It was pretty funny. Now he's going through the toy books and saying things like: "Nope, don't want any of those" and "Wait a second, that is awesome" and my favorite "Mom, do we have (Fill in the blank) in the storage unit, I really miss that". Becca and I joked last night how Christmas will come again once we start unloading the toys and stuff from the unit again.
Caleb was a little more busy and less specific. He wanted to push buttons on any toy that had them. He did slow down to pick up and pose for a few things. This was his list:

1. Lego TIE Fighter



2. A Cars fishing pole



3. A Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger.



He wanted Thomas stuff today and a flashlight to go on your head as well. He is really funny about Christmas. He is learning that he gets toys and candy. I think Mitchell may have something to do with that. We'll see what we can do to help him learn a little about the real reason. . .

It's been fun with Caleb because he can see the neigbor's Christmas lights. One night, they were a little late in turning on the lights and Caleb talked Grandma into calling them up to turn on their "Critt-mass Wites". There is a nightly check to ensure the neighbor's lights are on, and of course they have updated their timer to ensure that the little boy won't be disappointed.








No comments: